Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 1 — Your Best Friend


Day 1: Your Best Friend

May 2, 2013, 10:41 P.M.

Dear Dora the Rat Killer,

Hi Bess. So, it's been seven years since we met. Naalala ko pa, super hardcore ka pa magsayaw sa ParaPara, tapos ako konti pa lang ang alam ko nun. To be honest, hindi ko alam kung bakit naging magbestfriend tayo. Ikaw, alam mo ba? Haha :)

Nonetheless, I'm still thankful that you became my best friend. You've been there through my ups and downs. You never left my side - just like a true friend. We've had our own share of hell, yet we managed to pull it off and become better versions of ourselves.

I must admit that there are things that we have done in the past that we're kinda not proud of. However, I think they're just ways for us to realize our shortcomings as individuals, and ultimately change for the better.

I am happy that you found your man, finally may mag-aalaga na sa'yo. You've been in charge with your previous relationships na toxic na. As much as I'd like to slap some sense in you, naturally stubborn ka eh. At least I can say that Indiano Gibbs will take care of you the same way you take care of him.

I'm excited about your wedding. I've been practicing hard with my song number. I want that song to mean so much to you.

You're a strong woman, sa'yo ako kumukuha ng lakas ng loob to continue with my life, despite what happened. I will always cherish our friendship no matter what happens.

I know that behind the laugh that you let out whenever we're together lies the tears you try to stifle and hold back. I know you're hurting for me, and I understand it. I am hurting too, but what pains me more is the fact that you share a piece of my burden that I know you don't deserve.

I want you to know that I am okay. I am strong, because I have a friend like you. A support system, a strudy rock to lean on. Shit, naiiyak ako.

Lastly, I want to thank you because over the years, you have treated me more than a friend. You treat me like a brother (although Tim Gunn is kinda counted too. Hehe) Lahat ng favors na ginawa mo para sa akin, I appreciate them. You know I do. I will always remember all the fun we had when we're together and never in my life will I ever forget them.

Just know that you'll always hold a very special place in my heart. Sa may right ventricle.

Labia minora, bess. :)

-The Poztmodern Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment